The Almond and White Chocolate Delight
Sponge Ingredients (this recipe makes around 20 small cupcakes)
4 free-range organic eggs
225g Self-raising Flour
100g ground almonds
1tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
100ml natural yoghurt
125g Icing sugar
90g good quality White Chocolate
Let's get started!
- Get your tins ready with the cupcake cases.
- Heat the over to around 180 C (350 F) or Gas Mark 4.
- Mix together the yoghurt, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and then combine the mix with the butter.
- Fold in all of the ingredients until the mixture reaches a creamy consistency.
- Add the mix into each cupcake case in the tin.
- Place the tin in the oven for 15 minutes until the cakes have a golden glaze on top.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- For the icing, melt the white chocolate in the microwave or in a pan over hot water.
- Once the chocolate is cool, add the beaten butter and icing sugar. Mix together.
- Leave to chill for around 2 weeks.
- Bring the frosting back to a room temperature, then spread over the cakes.
Return to the other cupcake recipes